Important Notes for Retrofit Services
- WARNING: Installing thigh straps in your packraft has the potential risk of serious injury and death, including but not limited to impairing your ability to exit the packraft in the event of a capsize. Consult and follow all precautions and warnings in the Alpacka Raft Owner’s Manual and Safety Warning prior to beginning your packrafting adventures.
- Plan Ahead: Retrofit services can take up to 3-4 weeks not including shipping, especially during peak season (April – July).
- Clean and Dry Your Packraft Prior to Returning: Shipping a wet raft through the mail can spread invasive species and may cause permanent damage which is not covered under warranty. Rafts arriving dirty will be assessed cleaning charges at our shop rate of $60/hour.
- Remove all Temporary Repair Materials: Please remove all Tyvek Tape, Duct Tape, etc. in areas that will be altered by the retrofit. Removal of these temporary materials often takes more time than the retrofit itself, and you will be charged our shop rate of $60/hour for us to remove these materials. To remove these tape residues we use Goo Gone Pro-Power, a rag, and patience. Clean up with soap and water.
- Include a Copy of Your Order in Your Return Package: This helps us identify your boat when we receive it.
- Questions: If you have any questions regarding retrofit options, please contact email@example.com
- Return Address: All retrofit returns should be shipped to:
Attn: Retrofit Service / Your Order # XXXXX
192 South Main Street
Mancos, CO 81328