Factory installed additional tie downs are a great way to customize your boat for specialized packing options, like carrying bikes or adding a stern grab line.
- Installed Backband: Available on all Classic, Mule, and Explorer 42 models. We attach two single D-Rings to the rear of the interior sides of the packraft and install our custom foam backband.
- Whitewater Footbrace: Available on all Classic, Expedition, and Mule models. We install a toggle loop in the floor of the boat near the bow and install a whitewater foot brace. This shortens the cockpit length for a more performance fit. The WW foot brace is included standard on all Wolverine and Gnarwhal models.
- Bike Tie Downs: Available on all Classic, Expedition, Mule, Wolverine, Gnarwhal, and Explorer 42 models. We attach 2 strap plates to the bow making it easier to attach your bike top tube to the packraft, with your fork and chainstay attaching to two of the bow grab loops. Warning: Paddling with a bike on your packraft in whitewater is not recommended and creates a risk of serious injury or death and damage to your bicycle, especially in the event of a capsize.
- Stern Rail: Available on all Classic, Expedition, Wolverine, Gnarwhal, Mule, and Explorer 42 models. We attach 4 grab loops (2 on each side) to the stern, which allows you to run a line around most of the stern. The line makes the stern easier to grab in rescue situations. It can also be used to attach extra cargo on the stern (not recommended for whitewater use).
- Lightweight Carrying Handles: Available on all Classic, Mule, and Explorer 42 models. We attach two lightweight carrying handles on the sides of the cockpit (see photos of the Expedition model for example), which makes the boat easier to carry by one person when portaging. Note: The Mule and Explorer 42 include a bow handle for dragging onto shore and portaging with two people.
- Long Case: Available on all Classic, Mule, Explorer 42, and Gnarwhal models. We install 2 heavy duty 3-inch strap plates on the right side of the boat, which provides a low profile method for securing long items like skis and fishing rod tubes. Warning: Not recommended for whitewater use.
Note: These additional tie downs are only for factory installation on new boat orders. If you want to retrofit any of these options to an existing boat, you can either order DIY tiedowns or factory retrofit services.