- Remove the Existing Valve Adapter: All 2017 and earlier valve adapters are a press fit design. Remove the adapter by holding onto the grey threaded side with your hand, grasping the black new style valve adapter with a pair of pliers, and twisting to break the press fit and pulling the two halves apart. Two pair of pliers (one for each half) may be needed for sticky valves.
- Disassemble the New Valve Adapter: Components include the adapter (which has a male 3/4″ NPT threaded end and a female threaded end that fits on 2017 and later one way valves), a gray rubber washer, and a 3/4″ NPT threaded locknut.
- Insert the New Valve Adapter into the Inflation Bag: Turn the inflation bag inside out and insert the male end of the new valve adapter into the hole in the bottom of the bag. The male end of the adapter should be pushing out towards the inside out part of the inflation bag so that the female end is on the right-side out part of the inflation bag. There should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the inflation bag sticking up past the male end of the adapter.
- Install the Rubber Washer: Slip the gray rubber washer over inflation bag and the male end of the adapter and push down into place. Pull up the edges of the inflation bag covered by the washer so that they remain 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the top of the adapter. IMPORTANT: The rubber washer needs to be installed over the bag before the lock ring to prevent the edge of lock ring from cutting the inflation bag bag.
- Install the Lock Ring: Thread on the lock ring to the male end of the adapter making sure to capture the bag in the threads. This step may be tricky to get the threading started, but its easy after that point. Hand tighten the lock ring until snug against the rubber washer. Turn the the inflation bag right side out and you are ready to go.
New Style Valve Adapter
Inflation Bag Valve Adapter
Upgrade your existing inflation bag with our thread on adapter. The adapter threads on to the male threads on 2017 and newer temper assist valves. The threaded style is easier to keep in place and allows the valve to be closed during the inflation process. It can also be reversed to fit our 2016 and earlier style valves. Installation instructions provided below.
Note: This adapter is included standard in all inflation bags.