So small and light that you won’t even notice it in your pack. The Scout features a symmetrical with additional volume in the bow and stern, which allows the Scout to be used as a full-fledged backcountry packraft in addition to its regular duties as a canyoneering and mountain lake specialist.
Tipping the scales at just 3.25lbs, the Scout is everything you need when weight and space is at a premium. Perfect for fastpacking, crossing rivers, canyoneering, and mountain lake fishing.
Looking for additional options? Check out our Custom Lab packrafts.
- Manufacturing: Made to Order in Mancos, Colorado
- Shape: Classic Hull
- Tube Diameter: 9.2-inch
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 1 stern grab loop
- Seating: Optional Scout Seat
- Build Configurations: Open
- Cargo Fly: Available through the Custom Lab
- Materials: Proprietary ultralight 210-denier high count nylon hull and 420-denier nylon floor (Made in USA). Sorry, no custom multi-color or Vectran options.
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
- Recommended Gear: Ninja, Aqua-Bound Whiskey or Manta Ray paddles
- AQUASEAL WARNING: Using the Aquaseal in the repair kit will expose you to toluene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Sizing and Specifications
|Exterior Length||76in | 193cm|
|Exterior Width||33in | 84cm|
|Interior Length||38in | 97cm|
|Interior Width||15in | 38cm|
|Weight*||3.25lb | 1.47kg|
|Packed Size**||15x5in | 38x13cm|
|Max Capacity***||225lb | 102kg|
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the center and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.
Open: The Scout is available only in the open build configuration. We are not offering spray decks or self bailing configurations for the Scout as it is primarily designed as a minimalist boat.
Hull: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon, single side laminated with a lightweight pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA). This is the same fabric used in the Caribou, which optimizes packability and weight savings while maintaining sufficient tear strength for the Scout’s intended uses.
Floor: Proprietary 420-denier nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
Seat: 200-denier oxford nylon, with single side polyurethane laminate (Made in USA).
Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured in house in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.