How long will it take to ship my order?
- All of our packrafts are made to order and generally take 2-4 weeks to complete. However, orders may take up to 6 weeks to ship during peak season. If you need a rush order, you will need to contact us prior to ordering to determine whether or not we can meet your timing.
What are the fees for international buyers?
- Our pricing does not include VAT or customs charges for international buyers. You will be responsible for paying all of these fees, which may be assessed by customs when your order is received into your country; the fees themselves vary depending on the country and order amount. We cannot mark shipments as a “gift” or lower the invoice value to avoid customs charges. Check with your country’s customs office to determine taxes and fees, and please note that our estimated shipping times do not include the time your order will spend in customs.
I received my order, but the weight is not exactly as listed on the website. Why not?
- Each raft is created by hand here at our shop, which means that each raft has its own unique properties, including its weight. The weights listed on our website are an average from our over 500 custom build options, and we do our best to uphold the same standards for each raft we create. In addition, the fabric alone has a variability of 3-4oz per boat.
Can I order a custom project?
- We are happy to make some custom modifications to some of our packrafts like additional tie downs and custom color selections. However, certain models are limited to specific fabrics and colors due to design and manufacturing limitations. We do not take on custom design projects, as we do not have the time and resources to dedicate to this task.
I am thinking about ordering a Vectran boat. Should I choose the upgrade?
- The largest advantage to Vectran fabric in a packraft is the rigidity it provides in an inflatable boat. This rigidity keeps the boat from flexing when being paddled, making it faster, and also allows it to keep its shape when going through big water. Our 400D Vectran, is the strongest, stiffest material that we offer – with the slight drawback that it does not pack down as small as our other materials. The 200D Vectran fabric is a lightweight option that provides similar stiffness with less bulk than the 400D option. It is important to note that while Vectran fabric is very tear resistant, it is susceptible to small punctures through the coating as it does not flex as our standard nylon material. Therefore, it is not recommended for heavy use in shallow rocky rivers. Adventure racers and whitewater enthusiasts will get the most benefit from our Vectran options!
Do you offer pro-deals or industry discounts?
- We do! Alpacka Raft is happy to support the outdoor industry and its hard-working professionals, and we do offer a discounted rate on new raft orders for qualified individuals. Please contact us directly to see if you qualify for our Pro Deal discount.